The Quebecois publisher Scorpion Masqué (Zombie Kidz Evolution, Decrypto, Stay Cool, Master Word...) presents Turing Machine, a fascinating and competitive deduction game by Yoann Levet and Fabien Gridel, two huge fans of logic games. This game offers a unique experience of questioning a protocomputer that works without electricity or any sort of technology, which paves the way for a new generation of deduction games.
The Goal? Find the secret code before the other players, by cleverly questioning the machine. With Turing Machine, you’ll use an analog computer with unusual components made of perforated cards
How to enjoy TURING MACHINE at Gen Con?
We'll have limited copies of Turing Machine available for purchase at booth #2109. Aside from Essen SPIEL, this will be the only chance to purchase your own copy before the November release.
- Game info: Players 1-4 / Ages 14+ / Playtime 20 min
- Designers: Fabien Gridel, Yoann Levet
- Original publisher: Scorpion Masqué
- Mechanics: Deduction, logic puzzles, code breaking
- Release: November 16, 2022; limited copies at Gen Con and Essen SPIEL
- Pre-order: Amazon or FLGS
Turing Machine solidifies Scorpion Masqué’s expertise in the deduction genre, 4 years after the hugely successful release of Decrypto, with over 300,000 copies sold across more than 45 countries.
According to Christian Lemay, founder of Scorpion Masqué, “Turing Machine instantly hooked me. First, with its unique material and original theme. It’s almost like magic! But beyond this technological prowess is a real deduction game that provides a unique challenge for all lovers of logic games: there are more than 7 million problems to solve! Rarely does a game require us to work so hard to make it accessible, but I couldn’t be prouder of the final product.”
- TEST YOUR HYPOTHESIS: Create a 3 digit code by stacking punch cards, then ask the analog artificial intelligence computers - each with a different logic puzzle - to check your answer.
- DEDUCE THE SECRET CODE: Each logic question will bring you closer to the secret code, either through the process of elimination or relations between numbers.
- PLAY AS A TEAM OR SOLO: Including the original competitive mode, you can combine your brain power as a team or try to beat the game itself while playing solo.
- NOVEL COMPONENTS: Overlay punchcards to test your secret code against the artificial intelligence computers, reminiscent of computers from the 1970s.
- 7 MILLION COMBINATIONS: On the companion website (coming soon!), find over 7,000,000 different setup combinations, making the gameplay practically endless!
Turing Machine is a fascinating and competitive deduction game. It offers a unique experience of questioning a proto-computer that works without electricity or any sort of technology, paving the way for a new generation of deduction games.
The Goal? Find the secret code before the other players, by cleverly questioning the machine. With Turing Machine, you’ll use an analog computer with unique components made of never-before-seen perforated cards.
The game offers more than seven million problems from simple to mind-staggeringly complex combinations, making the gameplay practically endless!